How to succeed in infertility social media without really trying (LOL)!
Jumpstart Social Media
Whether your organization has been on social media for awhile or is just dipping its toes in the water, Davidson Communications can help establish, increase or ramp up your presence to become head of the social media hierarchy in the infertility community.
Determining Your Goals
Participating in social media is a necessity for most infertility providers. So first, we will help you determine your goals and objectives. What is good for an egg donation and surrogacy agency may not be appropriate for a locally-based fertility clinic or a medical device company with an international clientele. Because each fertility provider is different, our approach is not cookie-cutter.
Selecting the Most Appropriate Platforms
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram or Google+? Which one or ones will you choose? The final answer will be based on your goals, budget and bandwidith. Each platform has its strengths and weaknesses. On Facebook, you will find rank and file infertility patients who are there to connect with family members, friends and brands they like and respect. Facebook also is great for allowing you to connect locally and for targeted advertising. Twitter is an international platform that attracts social media savvy patients, such as bloggers. It also is a great place to meet infertility professionals as well as journalists. Google+ is a must-do to ensure search engine optimization (SEO); LinkedIn is the go-to source for prospecting reproductive professionals, though it is not as engagement-friendly as other venues; and Pinterest and Instagram are the new kids on the block, both of which have real potential for many types of fertility organizations.
Developing Social Media Content and an Appropriate Schedule
Social media is not an advertising platform or a self-promotion tool (though you can advertise there). We recommend you develop a schedule and post frequently and during different time periods. Posts should be quality content and a combination of infertility news, infertility inspiration and branding/informational about your product or service. Also be sure to retweet, mention and engage with infertility patients and professionals. Above all, add interesting and engaging content that will push your posts to the top of your followers’ newsfeed and garner lots of retweets and mentions.
At Davidson Communications, our job is to make your brand shine in the infertility social media community. We would be honored to help you do that.
Gain a Foothold in the Infertility Social Media World
With our connections and deep, intimate knowledge of this vertical marketplace, we provide strategies and tactics for connecting with current and potential patients, as well as with referral sources.
• Setup/Format/Design: We can setup, format and/or design your blog, Facebook Business Page, Instagram page and/or Twitter home page or work with the designer of your choice to produce a vehicle reflecting your brand, as well as providing optimal search engine optimization.
• Social Media Strategy: This will include a blogging schedule with topics and authors reflecting the most current and relevant clinical topics, the emotional needs of infertility patients, and “current events” in the infertility world, as well as tactics for engaging patients, professionals and the rest of your community via social media.
• Making Infertility Social Media Connections: Connecting your organization to guest bloggers (to write for your blog), guest blogging opportunities (for your staff to write for other blogs), giveaways, and other potential collaborations in the infertility social media marketplace.
• Writing & Editing Blogs: Either writing original copy and/or editing posts written by staff members.
• Posting on Social Media: Developing a schedule of regularly posted Facebook and Twitter news, questions, surveys and engagement activities.
Why Choose the Fertility Marketing Maven? It’s my business to know who is doing what in the infertility social media world, as well as who is doing it well. I follow blogs, Facebook posts and Tweets focusing on infertility. I immediately can jump in to produce results.
Check out our pricing options. DavidsonCommunicationsSocialMediaPricingOptions2015